Fallen leaves aren’t just a problem on your lawn, hitting a patch of wet leaves on the road can be almost as bad as hitting black ice, so take care on country lanes and keep your speed down when you are forced to drive through them.
Looking after your vehicle and tyres is important not only for your own safety, but for the safety of others too. Barrowford MOT can help you with this if you visit or garage on Sandy Lane in Barrowford for a quick check up.
If you can’t make it into the garage, below are some key pointers that you should check before making a journey – long or short – so that you can see and be seen by others.
- Be aware of the low sun and keep a pair of sunglasses in the car.
- Replace your windscreen wiper inserts that leave streaks or don’t clear the glass in a single swipe.
- Make sure your headlights, brake lights and turn signals are properly functioning so other drivers will see you when it’s raining
- Turn on your headlights whenever you drive if you don’t have day lights.
- Check your tyre pressures! This is so important and can actually void your insurance in the event of an accident if they are not at the correct pressures.
- Make sure your MOT is valid. This is a must!
- Make sure you are insured.
Look after your car battery
Crisp autumnal mornings can be the death of a failing car battery. As the average car battery has a useful life of just three to five years, it’s worth popping down to Barrowford Mot and asking us to do a battery check.
Book a service today
If you would like Barrowford MOT to take a look at your car to make sure you’re ready for driving in the wet conditions, call the garage on 01282 696351 and we will get you booked in at your convenience.